Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Bouchon Bakery

I cannot say Bouchon Bakery is the best bakery in New York because I haven’t tried all the well-known bakeries in the city. I just found myself visiting this bakery almost once a week. I didn't realize I am a frequent customer until baby bear mentioned that. For a girl who cares a lots about diet and weight-management like me, Bouchon must have something extremely attractive and irresistible. Bouchon Bakery was on the list of 101 Cheap-Eat 2006 in New York Times yet I don’t find it cheap at all. Located in Time Warner Mall 3rd floor, Bouchon Bakery serve the people who afford luxuries in this fancy shopping center.


I tried a lot of gourmets in this bakery and most of them are highly satisfactory. The cheese and ham on the baguette tastes delicious although it is served cold. Usually I prefer the hot and toasted bread. I ordered this sandwich just because all other salty sandwiches were sold out. Out of surprise, I do like their crusty baguette and the butter which was amazingly melt in my mouth. Of course you can ask them to toast it. It tastes like heaven with panini grill mark.

I also had the pumpkin brioche when they just launched this seasonal butter bread. The texture is rich and soft. I could taste the fresh butter and pumpkins flavor every bite. And the pumpkin seeds and white sugar decorate this small bread cuter.

The bacon and cheddar scone is just awesome. It is the best salty scone I’ve ever had. However, that was half year ago so I do not remember every details.

Today, I hit the store again. I had a Cranberry Orange Scone and a Autumn Harvest Danish.

Autumn Harvest is a danish pastry with maple syrup. It is not like those sweet-as-hell pastries in the grocery stores but more flavors of flour and butter.


Cranberry orange scone is right on the balance of all indigents. I can smell the aroma of orange which balance the rich butter. Covered by a thin layer of frosting, the dried cranberries on the top was the delight of magic of butter and sugar.

Bouchon Bakery is my highlight of my whole day studying in the school. Just one block away from Fordham University, I can enjoy these yummy pastries and re-energize myself for more works. Sweet!


--
Bouchon Bakery
Time Warner Mall at Columbus Circle
212.823.9366








No comments: